My husband makes me happy everyday (1)#100happydays
Last night we had our staff “After Christmas Party” complete with sugar cookies and everything. Of course we did the traditional white elephant gift exchange. I ended up with a Snuggie! I’m pretty pumped about this. The kids are already fighting over it.
All I want to do now is curl up with some tea and a book in this thing.
*note the typo on the package. “Hands Ferr”
The wisdom of this statement and this show still makes me smile.
Surprisingly, it can be the little things that have an outsized impact on our day-to-day happiness levels.
I have always loved OK Go’s amazing videos, but this one is by far the craziest thing I have ever seen!
This week (I am a few sermons behind) I listened to the first installment of “Sticks and Stones”
I furiously took notes in the back of a 15 passenger van on the way home from the Faceplant winter retreat with some students from our church.
Before I hit the big points, here are a few things that I think are worth pointing out.
- Anointed: Singled out by God for special favor and responsibility
- Every time God speaks, it isn’t just to make you feel good and tell you how wonderful you are. Sometimes He’s gotta tell you what’s out of order.
- Our afterthought is often God’s plan A
- With every fresh anointing, you still have the same activity.
Here are the four affirmations that Pastor Steven outlined for us…
- I am anointed to accomplish my assignment
- Just because I am not visible, doesn’t mean I’m not valuable
- I don’t need a better assignment to have a greater anointing
- I have nothing to prove, and only ONE to please
This is such a strong way to start off 2014 for me. I often struggle with the place I am in. I find myself wondering why God has me here. But the conviction that I am here because God has anointed me for this assignment really put me in my place. I might want some things in my life to hurry up or be different when really all this time He has been whispering to me "Enjoy this time while you have it. You won’t be in school forever. Your kids won’t always want a good night hug and kiss every night. You won’t always be in this financial place. So just do what I have asked you to do and let me do the rest."
"it is the things no one else sees that produce the results that everyone wants"- Craig Grochel
I have been thinking for a weeks about how to sum up the One Thing event in Kansas City that I went to with my family over new years. After serving at a very traditional church (which we care deeply for) for over a year, I didn’t realize how badly I missed being able to throw my arms up in worship and shout it out!
This was my favorite worship session with Jon Thurlow. This dude is ANOINTED!
This is such an awesome project! This really did bring tears to my eyes. How special.
- Every season has STRUGGLES you can’t see from the outside looking in…we can see how tall the tree is but we don’t know how deep the roots go.
- Every season is shaped by what you say. “How you speak about the season you are in, determines how you will experience that season.”
- Every season has STRENGTHS you can seize….You can’t live in the season of what was, or what might have been. You must find the sweetness of the season you are in today.
"If you get a blessing before it is your time to have it, it will become a burden" So embrace where you are today and cover it in praise and thankfulness.
I could so rapidly and completely get caught up in what I want right now. To get vulnerable…I want to be done with school, have a baby of my own, move out of my parents house and just get on with with my married life with my husband.
Instead, I’m choosing to be thankful that I am able to get an education for basically free. I am able to have a relationship with my parents because they are still alive and well. I am able to experience new people and expand who I am professionally because of these new relationships. I am not overwhelmed and exhausted with 1,000 things to get done…my life is full, and I have 1,000 reasons to get out of bed in the morning.
I am thankful for this season.
I hope this season finds you well :)
"Audrey Hepburn was the granddaughter of a baron, the daughter of a nazi sympathizer, spent her teens doing ballet to secretly raise money for the Dutch resistance against the nazis, and spent her post-film career as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF, winning the presidential medal of freedom for her efforts. "
…..And history remembers her as pretty.
1 month until valentine’s day which means 1 month and 1 day until i buy 75% clearance chocolate for myself at target